HealthFitness Recruitment Scam Warning
Published by HealthFitness on May 11th, 2023
HealthFitness Recruitment Scam Alert
It has come to our attention that there are people posing as HealthFitness recruiters or individuals from agencies recruiting for us. These people are scammers and have been communicating fraudulent job opportunities and quite often ask for sensitive personal and financial information.
Specifically, the scammers are using the name of “Ellen Behrhorst, Recruiting Coordinator at Health Fitness” with a fake website address of “email@example.com”. Scammers are also using the name of "Troy Rodriguez – Wellness Coordinator and Head of Talent"
HealthFitness will NEVER ask for personal information such as government ID or banking information as part of the application process. If these are requested, it will occur after interviews and an employment offer has been accepted.
You will also NOT be required to provide a credit card number for equipment (i.e. tablet, laptop computer). The scammers are asking applicants to provide their financial information right away.
Tips for avoiding recruitment fraud
1. All HealthFitness jobs are posted on our careers website.
The URL is: https://jobs.silkroad.com/TrustmarkCompanies/Healthfitness (Trustmark is the parent company of HealthFitness and that is why it’s included in the website address.)
You can also learn more about working at HealthFitness here on our Join Our Team web page.
2. If a recruiter contacts you, you should always check LinkedIn first. If their profile does not have many connections or has incomplete information, this could be a warning sign.
3. Carefully verify the email address and listed website of any unsolicited recruiter outreach communication. A change of one letter is easy to miss when you are excited, but it can mean the difference between a legitimate recruiter contact and a scam.
4. HealthFitness will NEVER ask for personal or financial information as part of the recruiting process.
5. HealthFitness will NEVER make employment offers without a formal interview process, which involves multiple rounds of interviews with several HealthFitness employees. Interviews are typically in-person or virtual with cameras on for a face-to-face interview.
If you believe you have been contacted about a fraudulent job, please contact HealthFitness immediately.